Friday, January 21, 2011

Terrible Twos

So, lately my two year old boy is the most “interesting” person in our house.

Not that that everyone else is boring, it's just that he is really starting to make a name for himself.

In my opinion, it's at two years old that kids really start to get a sense of what's going on around them.

They finally start do realize that there is more to life then nipples and cheerios.

Gone are the days when I could hide his pacifier and he wouldn't even try looking for it since he thought it had magically disappeared (now he would scale mountains and fight dragons to get to that damn pacifier) or sneak out of the house without him noticing (like I was foolishly trying to do when I took the picture below).

They call it the terrible twos, but it's sure as hell not terrible for them!
Uh, not without me you're not!

They get to slowly, non-methodically and eventually unsuccessfully try to put on their socks (by themselves of course) while you watch impatiently, trying so hard to restrain your own hands so you don't just grab those little fat feet and put those damn socks on yourself so the kids waiting in the van won't attempt to drive themselves to the dentist appointment (for which you're already 15 minutes late).

“NO! I DO IT!”

However, when year number two rolls around there are SOME good things that start happening.

My two year old now realizes that the toilet bowl isn't just for bathing his little dinosaurs.

Also, when he wakes me up in the middle of the night he is able to tell me, with words, what he wants.....mostly he just wants to watch movies on my I phone...at 3:00 am!

Well, I guess however bad or “interesting” my two year old is, he makes for good pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment