Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ain't It Funny Things Change - Horace Trahan


Recently my husband and I got the incredible opportunity to go to the Grammy's in Los Angeles.

When my husband first mentioned the possibility of attending this event.....WITHOUT the kids....my first reaction was :

“But wait.... I don't have a will!! Who's going to take care of the kids if the plane crashes!!”

Really? Did I just say that?

Six years ago, if you would have told me that I was going to the land of the super rich famous people, I would have immediately packed my suitcase with my trendiest, most “chic” attire with the hopes of maybe bumping into one of the Kardashian sisters.

But nope. Not now.

Instead, I'm looking up LegaZoom.com to figure out how much that Shawn Hannity discount will actually give me when I buy my legal will. (The ONE good thing I've learned from listening to his never ending rants on the radio).

I remember my mom having this discussion with my dad before they took a trip without us, and I remember thinking how morbid and unnecessary the topic was.

But now, I get it.

I'm actually that mom who seriously considers taking a different flight then her husband just in case the plane crashes.

Instead of getting a spray tan, I'm deciding who is going to be the executor of my will.

I guess that's what happens when you have kids. Priorities change and something as “simple” as a quick trip to California can have many more consequences. (I say “simple” because there is nothing simple about the preparations for a trip when 3 kids and a dog are involved...even when they're not coming!)

Or maybe I'm just totally nuts!

So anyway, I'm sure everything will be fine........but just in case, our wills are now drawn out, signed and notarized.

Keep your fingers crossed:-)

2 comments:

  1. and now you can celebrate with a glass (or 2) of wine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Steph. Now you will have more peace of mind. I think it is responsible of you, not nuts.

    ReplyDelete